Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLL(phase detector)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oluvision

Someone told me that I can use the phase detector of a PLL to implement a phase detector. I tried understanding the circuit to this end, but could not figure out to use the phase detector inside the PLL.

With only the information given, I would guess that the idea was to use the PLL as a d(phi) to voltage converter. A pll could perhaps do this, since in many cases, the operate a VCO. You could perhaps measure the voltage driving the VCO. But my guess would be that you actually need to have the analog loop complete for this to work. I cannot otherwise understand how this might work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back