Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLEAZE!!!HELP ME OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShiftPointShaun

ok say i wanted to control automotive car injectors which
operate in pulses say i have regular 24lbs injectors which translates
roughly to 240cc and i say i want to run big 550cc injectors if
i use these there too big the idle of the car will be rough and erratic
what could i use to modify the voltage signal to turn them down
also say i have voltage that i dont want to past 4.9v could i use a diode
to make signal not go any hire pleez any suggestion will be useful thanks for readin.

The normal way of injector size compensation is, to trick the ECU into reducing pulsewidth by altering the MAP or MAF input signals.Since your application requires a pretty significant decrease in injector pulse width, The only way I can think of is to alter the ECU itself.The ECU uses a multiplier to calculate injector pulse, you would simply adjust that value, your ECU's microcontroller will need to have external memory for it to be easily altered.

For the voltage question, you could use a Zener diode or a voltage regulator to keep at 4.9 volts, the latter would be the prefered way.

I greatly appreciate your help.Does any one know a great begginer microprogrammer and programming tutorial.

also say i want more overall fuel i think the (TPS) throttle position sensor
controls this at full throttle of how much fuel is actually dumped. I have a way to minus it off. Ijust need to know how to put more on. Maybe i could use a potentiometer but i would still need a away to bring the voltage higher than what it is.Because the ECU only sends out a certain amount of voltage i need to find a way to increase it over that. Oh and this is in relation to a honda Motor.

There is more to consider than just dumping more fuel into an engine, to get more power out of it.
With increased fuel flow, you also need more air flow to keep the mixture as near to ideal @ 14.7 : 1
If you cannot shove in more air, you will just waste fuel, diminish performance, and possibly damage the engine over time.

Throttle position sensor is used by the ECU to tell it of changing demand for more power ahead of receiving the air flow signals generated by the MAF. ECU richens up the mixture slightly as throttle opens, then trims it back once airflow sensor catches up to throttle position and stabilizes.
Dialtone

I don't recommend the AFC, it tricks the ecu into thinking there is less airflow(which decreases fuel), but since the ecu see's less airflow it will use timing maps lower in the table, so you can end up running dangerous amounts of timing advance.EFI systems that use TPS to control fuel are called Alpha-N systems, and I doubt your car is one of them.Modifying the ECU, or switching to a different ECU is probably your only safe option.What kind of vehicle is it anyway?

Unless you plan on a huge turbo and running crazy amounts of boost, you could probably just use a boost controlled fuel pressure regulator, this will make the fuel pressure increase as the boost pressure increases.You'll want to check out the many honda/acura forums around the net, HUGE amounts of info available on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back