Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

opensourcelover

hi all
i am a third year Electronics&telecommn student and would like to have ur guidance on the following:
I want to remote ctrl appliances i.e. turn them off or on using microcontroller by sending sms from my mobile device.
Can someone tell me how can it be done.i am well versed in 8051 programming.
Any guidance would be very helpful.
Please tell me in detail if possible weblinks,pdfs etc would be gladly accepted.
thanking you,
Mac.

Siemens Module

Siemens makes several mobile phone modules which can send and receive SMS Text. They are built around an ARM7 processor, and some have a built in GPS receiver. They are a bit pricey but they are just the ticket. You can interface to them with a standard UART without the level shifters. We used the MAX3100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back