Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please help!!!!!!! (title says nothing about topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

batman

I would like a flash bulb circuit, but that is activated either by sound or momentary pushbutton. The flash should have the possibility of being triggered many times in one second, but the normal will be about twice a second. Every time i tap the button or a sound is heard, the flash should occur. Basically a use-determined strobe
Can I somehow modify a strobe light or camera flash design?
many thanks

batman said:
I would like a flash bulb circuit, but that is activated either by sound or momentary pushbutton. The flash should have the possibility of being triggered many times in one second, but the normal will be about twice a second. Every time i tap the button or a sound is heard, the flash should occur. Basically a use-determined strobe
Can I somehow modify a strobe light or camera flash design?
many thanks

Sound triggered flash circuits are quite common, a quick google search produced 14 hits, one of which was here .

However, if you want quick recharge times you will have to either use a strobe, or seriously upgrade the charging circuit in a flash gun. Another concern with a flash gun is the life of the tube, camera flash tubes are only designed to last a fairly low number of flashes (compared with strobe tubes).

batman said:
how would i adapt an off the shelf strobe light to perform ths function i am looking for

You'll have to rip one apart and see if you can locate and figure out what the trigger circuit is. Have the strobe running at say a couple hundred Hz and go try and find how the square wave is generated. If you can do that, you can likely disconnect the original driver circuit and kluge in your own driver. Be sure and use the power supplies that are powering the strobe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back