Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please help,lould music from naighbors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lettdragon

is there a way to jam there electronics.cheap i have 2 that play it lould all night,and i go to school and work im getting zero rest.ive asked them nice to no aveial.please help.:mad:

Last edited:
Get a big sound system and get up early and give em hell right back! And do it with bag pipe or old country western music!

In that case see my first post and send the good neighbors a letter explaining why you are doing it. ;)

I dont know myself. I lived in college dorms years ago and I used the early morning counter attack method and the late night partiers found other places to go after about three days.
I got praise and good comments from the dorm staff and campus security for my actions simply because when I did it was during loud hours and not late night hours.

I had campus security over a few times first for their noise offenses they got fines and it only got worse. They had Campus security over for mine and all I got was grins and smiles!:D
(And some recomendations for some god awful classic country western songs).:p

thanks for the feedback,but i live in a dead end street ,with about 8 houses im at the end the 2 that are lould are right next 2 me.

Build a negative sound generator and the result will be zero.
An inventor put one on a lawn-mower and the output was zero.

Build a negative sound generator and the result will be zero.
An inventor put one on a lawn-mower and the output was zero.

Do you have a schematic? Need one for my Ford SUV, the lawnmower hasn't made noise in a while (mean to get around to fixing it sometime...).

It is simply an amplifier that picks up the sound and produces the same sound but inverted.

That only works if echos and sound propagation delays are predictable, and it requires sophisticated software.

To the OP.
I would suggest you get a very large friend and handle it Chicago style :)

It is simply an amplifier that picks up the sound and produces the same sound but inverted.

It was a great isea when it was a science fiction short story, but it's almost totally impractical in the real world. Phase shifts make it useless since sound travels about 1 foot per mS means even moving your transducers a few inches gives huge phase shifts and bingo its useless again.

A couple of manufacturers are using similar technology, mainly for low frequency use at a fixed regular frequency, like in the diesel/electric engine rooms on the new passenger ocean liners.

But's it's very limited technique, and totally useless for music.

Now if you build a high powered ultrasonic vertical "curtain" between you and the noise source...

or kill them softly with ultrasound.

Make sure you're not downwind.

I've thought about this subject. I want a system to cancel snoring. Yes, my girlfriend snores very loudly!

Directional LF tone burst generator. Just mess up their sleep long enough and they will get to tired to party all night.

It is often possible to distort and interfere with nearby sound systems by beaming high levels of RF at their system. This requires some knowledge of how it all works to allow you to tune for best results. For example, the amount of power necessary may be on the order of 50 watts or more, the most effective frequency to be used must be found by experiment (but is often between 20 and 30 MHz due to the length of their speaker wires), the transmitting antenna should be as close to them as possible without being seen (ideally it would be directional, but this isn't practical in many cases), and the type of modulation is a matter of experiment as well. If the RF transmitter and antenna are set up secretly, and the type of modulation is carefully chosen, then the target neighbors will not know what is happening or where the interference is coming from.

The major problem with this idea is that while you are transmitting RF you will also be interfering with every other user of that frequency around the world and the likelihood of the radio police knocking on your door is greater than zero.

I recommend using 100 watts at 26.9 Mhz to start with, using single sideband (LSB is fine) modulation and driving the microphone input with music from the album "Barcarolle, Famous Opera Arias and Duets". Tune the frequency first as this will have the greatest effect in increasing or decreasing the amount of interference.

I've thought about this subject. I want a system to cancel snoring. Yes, my girlfriend snores very loudly!

There is a procedure that is very effective in stopping a girlfriend from snoring, but a gentleman does not discuss such details in open forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back