Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please Help! How Do I connect this 12v wire to my battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

tha_customizer

I just installed some power door lock actuators in my car, and I have no clue how to connect the 12v power wire to my battery... Please help... Also, I was wondering how I can run the wires to this kit so that the wires cannot be seen.... I have a 1991 9c1 caprice... if that is helpful...

First, make sure the wire is fused and you can run it directly to the battery or to the large gauge red wire in the steering column.You can run the wires through the door boots, use a coat hanger.

Im sorry, I understand what you are saying, but Im very new at the terminology, and the location of these items... The wire is fused, and if I were to run it directly to the battery, how would I connect the wire to it? Also, which part of the door is the "door boot", and how would I run the wires through it, using a hanger?

The door boot is the rubber thing that is on the hinge end of the door. It is where the wires pass through into the door, thats if your car is relatively new, ie in the last 15 years. If the car is old, there might not be a boot there if it doesn't have cnetral locking or door speakers.
If a boot is there, get a wire coat hanger and straighten it out, but make one end into a hook. Route this hook through the rubber boot and hook the wires with the hook end. Then pull the wire coat hanger back through. If you did this right then the wires will be in the door with minimum fuss. If your running a new wire to the battery, you wanna pass the wire through the bulkhead behind the dashboard, maybe through another boot. Crimp an Eyelet on the end of the wire and fasten this onto the bolt that clamps the battery terminal on the post. But make sure its fused if you don't want fun and games. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back