Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please Help. Crazy signals from a simple circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Q12 output divides the 8MHz clock by 2^12 so the period of Q12 is 512us..... You see? Yes the scope shows a period of 512us.........

So I guess we're set ? The problem was the hold off that was out of sync....

My problem started when I was building a circuit to generate composite video sync signals, and the circuit didn't work. Then I tried to work out the problem and disassembled everything and tried probing the counters, and then I saw those crazy waveforms and thought that was the reason why it didnt work.

So now that the counters are really fine, the problem is somewhere else. Probably my circuit contains logic hazards since it was asynchronous.

Do you use Skype or something? Id like to keep contact with you if you wanna be friends and talk electronics :)

Ah that is good.

Thanks for the kind offer of a telephone contact, but I already have so much technical work that I would not be able to handle telephone calls- sorry PC.

By the way, I had to smile when I saw your post on ETO, because we had already discussed your counter on another forum.:)

spec

Ah that is good.

Thanks for the kind offer of a telephone contact, but I already have so much technical work that I would not be able to handle telephone calls- sorry PC.

By the way, I had to smile when I saw your post on ETO, because we had already discussed your counter on another forum.:)

spec

I didn't mean telephone! I meant something like text contact. I always like to keep good friends.

Well then this is funny because when I saw your reply here and saw "spec" at the end, it sounded familiar and I went back to the other forum to see if you were there also, but couldn't find you!

You were more helpful than all the others on the other forum. And you are very smart.

Thanks a lot friend.

Best wishes

Paulo

I didn't mean telephone! I meant something like text contact. I always like to keep good friends.

Well then this is funny because when I saw your reply here and saw "spec" at the end, it sounded familiar and I went back to the other forum to see if you were there also, but couldn't find you!

You were more helpful than all the others on the other forum. And you are very smart.

Thanks a lot friend.

Best wishes

Paulo

Wow! Thanks for your kind words.

I knew as soon as you started talking about synchronous counters who you were.:cool:

Sure you can contact me by private message on ETO - I talk to many people that way. And if you need to use email we can sort that too.:)

And all the best to you.

spec

I have successfully interfaced 3 volt oscillators with 5 volt logic. The key is to use 74HCT series

OCXO output levels: Voh min = 2.7; Vol max = 0.3
74HCT input levels: Vih min = 2.0, Vil max = 0.8,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back