Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please, choosing an IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyknight

Hello all. I need to buy a 741 op amp. I thought I could ask for it in my electronics shop. But I'm starting to think that's no the right way, because it seems a 741 is not the chip name :? My question is: What should I ask for? :?:

Please, tell me some usual chips containing one 741 op amp. I would like you to tell me some in case the one I'm asking for is not avaliable.

Thanx in advance :)

you were correct the 1st time, 741 is the device number, the prefix may vary dependant on manufacturer........in most cases its probably just an LM741....but nevertheless still a 741 in an 8 pin dil package.

There are others that are in an 8 pin dil pkge but may not necessarily be a 741!! 358 is an example similar properties to a 741 but its a dual op amp, 2 741's in an 8 pin dil pakge......

So if its a 741 you require that is what you ask for 8)

you can find it like LM741, uA741, TEA741(in some countries, in some might be something else), SN741, NE741, but if you ask for '741 Op-amp' they will know what to give you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back