Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLC question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezechieltey

Currently dealing with the PLC and electrical circuit construction of SMEMA 1.2 standard. Wonder anyone heard of this b4?

This is what I am doing -> 2 machines A and B has a conveyor in between. The conveyor has 2 sensors on both end. The conveyor is controlled by an electrical circuit consist of relays and PLC to move the circuit board from SMT machine A to SMT machine B. Therefore we need to deal with some logic programing of the conveyor mechanism.

Now let us look at the PLC aspect of this thing :

- Circuit board transfer occurs when Machine A (sensor A) has board available (detected - contact closed), and machine B (sensor B) is not busy.

- Signals can occur anytime, but board transfer does not occur until both contacts r closed

- The "Board is available signal" from machine A will remain closed until board left machine A

- Ready signal remain close until board arrive mahcine B

- Board transfer cannot occur until each signal opens for 50ms.

My initial PLC ladder diagram is this :

---lA invert \l---------------------(counter1)----l

---lBl------------------------------(counter2)----l

---lcounter 1 - 50msl--------lcounter 2 - 50msl------------( condition 2)----l

---lAl--------lB invert\l------------( condition 1)----l

---lAl---------------------(restart counter 1)--------l

---lB invert\l---------------------(restart counter 2)----l

--lcondition 1l--------lcondition 2l-------(motor)-------l

--lBl-------(stop motor\)----l

--lstop motor\l----------(off condition 1\)----l

--lstop motor\l----------( off condition 2\)----l

--end--

*motor is used to move the converyor track to allow board transfer.

Can anyone help me on this PLC part?

And yea, hardware part is weird to, because I dont think I actually need relay on this. Just plug the sensor wire into PLC should be done isn;t it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back