Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLC programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kkona

Hi!
I need help with a task that includes PLC programming in the software called Codesys. The task is to sort liquids with the help of valves etc. Could someone help me? I have trouble understanding it 100%. Further info will be given about the task.

What type of PLC is it aimed for?
I have not used Codesys, but have programmed many of the popular main makes of PLC.
Max.

Well, its mainly for ladder and function block if its what you meant. However, the task is like this:

a two color mixer must be controlled with PLS. The device works like this:

- When start switch S0 is operated, lamp H0 (refill) lights up. valve Y1 opens and pump M2 starts

- When sensor S1 is covered with liquid, valve Y1 closes and valve Y2 is opened.

- When sensor S2 is covered with liquid, close valve Y2, pump M2 and lamp H0 turn off and M1 starts

- After 6 seconds, M1 stops

- The unit can be switched off at any time with switch S6, thermal relays F1 or F2 (motor protection) or limit switch S4

- The ready-mixed liquid can then be manually withdrawn from the drain valve located at the bottom of the mixer

- The process can then start over again

I see, I much prefer the standard ladder logic rungs as it simulates the typical electrical schematic.
Most PLC's have some sort of Boolean blocks string type programming but I prefer the former.
The first thing is usually identify all inputs and outputs with a I/O address.
This is not homework/test by any chance?
Max.

I have completed 70-80% of the task, but Im stuck now, since its some things I dont understand. Do you mind helping me out?

Thanks!

So my questions are:
- Im not sure when I should reverse the signal.
- When to use SR/RS block
- And if H0 should me input or ouptut.

Attachments

• Pic1.PNG
    Pic1.PNG
    272.9 KB · Views: 268
  • Pic2.PNG
    Pic2.PNG
    270.8 KB · Views: 268
Without some review of the type of coding I cannot tell you, if it was ladder I probably could help easily.
You could try AAC if no one steps in, there is a few users there of Codesys.
Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back