Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Play-Pause Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quercus

I'm integrating a Bluetooth receiver into my current audio project, and I'm looking for a set of Play-Pause-Skip-Back buttons. Preferably in a small 4-button module, but as individual buttons if needed. For the life of me, I can't find any supplier with these kinds of buttons. This is such a ubiquitous item, I have to imagine I'm looking in the wrong places or using the wrong search terms (why I'm posing here instead of on the hard-to-find-parts thread). Anyone know where to look for these parts?

Thanks.

For individual buttons, search "push button switch", "tactile switch" or "keyboard switch".
Some PCB mount tactile switches take separate caps, to make keyboard-style switches; there is a lot of overlap in the names.

The only fixed sets I know of are small keyboard / keypad modules, which tend to be expensive..
eg. This type should be suitable, but not cheap. You can print your own button symbols on paper and slide a strip inside the module.

Example individual switches & caps:

If you find some you like, you can search for the makers part number on other sites such as mouser, if it's easier for you to buy from those.

Thanks - maybe I missed it, but I don't see in any of those links products with the play-pause-skip icons on them (">", "||", ">>"). That's what I can't find. And I've spent a couple hours running various perturbations of search term including the ones above. Here's a typical search and results:

You would have to add the icons yourself.

The only ones I can find with the markings are in equipment or remote control devices..

Thanks - maybe I missed it, but I don't see in any of those links products with the play-pause-skip icons on them (">", "||", ">>").

what? A Maker that wants only pre-made buttons. A black Sharpie can easily be used. Or go down to Staples, they'll make a rubber stamp for you. Or buy a label-maker and fire away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back