Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plasma TV fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

meatpie

Howdy all,
This is my first post here.

I have an Optima (Samsung guts) 50" plasma that muckin' up.
I'll start with this question : Does anybody know where I can get a fault code list for it ?

About 8 second after power up, the screen flashes "Optima" then immediately the PS shuts down.
If I try to turn it back on with the remote the power led flashes orange I think it's 8 times.

Meaty

How about a model number for starters or a Samsung chassis number!!! Are you sure it's Optima or perhaps Optoma .... they both make televisions.

Also, since you claim it's a rebadged Samsung, visit this site:
Main Page - Samsung Plasma TV FAQ

hey....the best thing for u is to contact authorised samsung service....u dont wanna be messing around with a thing like that.

I'll try Samsung but I'm pretty sure they won't want to help...and I'll have to mess with it so I can fix it. When something breaks I have to try to fix it , that's just me.

How about a model number for starters or a Samsung chassis number!!! Are you sure it's Optima or perhaps Optoma .... they both make televisions.

Also, since you claim it's a rebadged Samsung, visit this site:
Main Page - Samsung Plasma TV FAQ

Definately Optima.
I know it's a Samsung because every single board and the display has Samsung written on it.
Model number as in first post.
Chassis has only one tiny barcode sticker that says 50V3-261520201013(2)...It's probably serial number incorporating assembly date.

Meaty

With the name meatpie and you're not aware of who Optimus is? Optimus Prime is the master transformer. He probably has a couple of plasma screens inside him somewhere.

**broken link removed**

Sorry I'm not into transformers, I'm more of a Donald Duck fan.

Not to be gettin' off the subject, Does anybody know where I can get a fault code list for it ?

Meaty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back