Plasma TV fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

meatpie

Howdy all,
This is my first post here.

I have an Optima (Samsung guts) 50" plasma that muckin' up.
I'll start with this question : Does anybody know where I can get a fault code list for it ?

About 8 second after power up, the screen flashes "Optima" then immediately the PS shuts down.
If I try to turn it back on with the remote the power led flashes orange I think it's 8 times.

Meaty

hey....the best thing for u is to contact authorised samsung service....u dont wanna be messing around with a thing like that.

hey....the best thing for u is to contact authorised samsung service....u dont wanna be messing around with a thing like that.

I'll try Samsung but I'm pretty sure they won't want to help...and I'll have to mess with it so I can fix it. When something breaks I have to try to fix it , that's just me.

How about a model number for starters or a Samsung chassis number!!! Are you sure it's Optima or perhaps Optoma .... they both make televisions.

Also, since you claim it's a rebadged Samsung, visit this site:
Main Page - Samsung Plasma TV FAQ

Definately Optima.
I know it's a Samsung because every single board and the display has Samsung written on it.
Model number as in first post.
Chassis has only one tiny barcode sticker that says 50V3-261520201013(2)...It's probably serial number incorporating assembly date.

Meaty

With the name meatpie and you're not aware of who Optimus is? Optimus Prime is the master transformer. He probably has a couple of plasma screens inside him somewhere.

**broken link removed**

Sorry I'm not into transformers, I'm more of a Donald Duck fan.

Not to be gettin' off the subject, Does anybody know where I can get a fault code list for it ?

Meaty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…