Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plasma Panasonic tc-p50c2

Status
Not open for further replies.

beau28713

Any body know where i can find a data sheet for IC 16131? Its a fet driver that drives the 4 IGBT'S Q16001,02,21 and 22. The IGBT's keep shorting out from collector to emitter. So i think the fet driver may be bad and turning on all 4 IGBT's at the same time thus shorting VSUS to ground.

Attachments

• Capture+_2018-05-19-14-10-58.png
    Capture+_2018-05-19-14-10-58.png
    250.3 KB · Views: 204
It appears to be an IR2110, 2113 or similar.

See the pinout of the 16 pin version in the datasheet here:
https://docs-emea.rs-online.com/webdocs/1544/0900766b815440e9.pdf

The only oddity is that there is no VDD logic supply shown in the TV schematic; that could be a drawing error?

If it actually does not have the logic supply it could be whatever provides the high & low side drive signals to that chip that's causing the problem.

Here is another uplaod up the schematic. Its only half of the board. There is a 2 of 2 potion of the schematic also. Thanks for the pinout ill give it a go and see that i can find. It either has to be the driver faulty or the pnp/npn transistors that are also part of the driver circuit. This is a Panasonic tcp50c plasma tv with a 10 blink code error.

Attachments

• Capture+_2018-05-19-21-22-45.png
    Capture+_2018-05-19-21-22-45.png
    242.6 KB · Views: 186
Generally such faults are 'common', so googling for a 'repair kit' is always worth doing - in this case I got this result:

https://www.tvrepairkit.info/known-model/tc-p50c2

The first option mentions ten flashes, but unfortunately doesn't mention what the exact components provided are - although one of them is an IC. It's usually worth changing the entire kit, changing just what you thing are the faulty parts usually results in a further failure.

Yes sir I wasn't going to change just the parts that had failed already. That is why I was asking For a pinout of the Fet driver IC ( needed data sheet for testing). I have the pinouts for the 4 IGBT's (all 4 are shorted) and the 2 PNP/NPN transistors (still need to test these). I wanted to properly be able to test all these and the other components in this section to see why my VSUS voltage is being shorted to ground. Buying the needed parts isn't an issue.

Thank you for pointing me toward the repair kit and all your help sir.

Last edited:
I'd check the UMH and UML signals coming in to that board via the C23 connector.

If they are OK then work through the buffer and driver ICs, before fitting the new transistors.

Update!!!

I have found and corrected all issues on the SS board. The following was shorted
1. IC 131, Q001, 002, 021, 022

But the main issue was on the SC board.
The following was shorted allowing a direct connection from VSus voltage to the emitter of Q21 and Q22 on the ss board via the SC3 connector.

D451
Q401
D481

I can be more detailed if you guys need me to be.

Attachments

• Capture+_2018-06-01-22-46-02.png
    Capture+_2018-06-01-22-46-02.png
    249.3 KB · Views: 195
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back