Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIR sensor..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mytech

Hi everybody, i brought an PIR sensor. Inside it there are 6 terminals.
1.12+ive, 2.12-ive, 3-4.tamper(like open switch symbol), 5-6.Alarm(like open switch symbol).

After giving the power supply the LED is glowing for a period when i cross in front of it.. And i didnt know about remaining 4 pins.. i need get output when i cross.. i checked with multimeter with 4 pins.. i didnt get any volts.. what is tamper?.. how can i get the output from this??..
Thanks..

Attachments

• pir.jpg
    pir.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 160
mytech said:
Hi everybody, i brought an PIR sensor. Inside it there are 6 terminals.
1.12+ive, 2.12-ive, 3-4.tamper(like open switch symbol), 5-6.Alarm(like open switch symbol).

After giving the power supply the LED is glowing for a period when i cross in front of it.. And i didnt know about remaining 4 pins.. i need get output when i cross.. i checked with multimeter with 4 pins.. i didnt get any volts.. what is tamper?.. how can i get the output from this??..
Thanks..

hi,
Link terminals 3 and 4 together, connect a DMM set for resistance/ohms across terminals 5 and 6.

You dont get a voltge output its just a contact.

The tamper wire is usually a loop of wire around the area you want to cover, if its cut the 5/6 contacts should close.

If you want a voltage on term 5 and 6 use an additional external battery.

Is this clear.?

Hi can any one upload some details about PIR..
I mean like data sheet which explains the angles.. directions and some more details(pdf).. I couldnt find easily.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back