Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pioneer PDP 435PE - EEPROM wireing help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech!Tech!

Hello Everyone,

I hope someone could help me.

I got an old Pineer PDP 435 PE Plasma Display without the Media receiver and without the System Cable.
It seems that the Panel is working - according to the flashing of the Green/Red LED Code described in the Service Manual (Page 58).

After some resarch in the Service Manual I found out that the "SCN" RS232C COMMANDS (Page 48) will enable the Panel to work without the Media Receiver (Page 65).

Im now going to bulid this special Device(Page 49)

Anyhow; heres my request: I've also found out that soldering an EEPROM with some EDID will solve the Problem (see here) but I'm lost without the wiring schematic and pcb.

It would be great if somone can give me a hint what Pins of the 24C02 EEPROM need to be connected to which Interface pins and what kind of resistor is mentioned in the post from 2010.

Kind regards and thank you in advance

Tech!Tech!

There are two different Service Manuals available for the PDP 435PE
Service Manual 1
Service Manual 2

Hi, just wanted to give an update:

Yesterday I've received the connectors from TE an I'll try to build the "Special Device" interface in the next Days/Weeks.

I've also connected my old but very great DVD-Player (Momitsu DVD V880N) to the plasma panel via a DVI Cable (Dual Link 24+1). The cool thing about this DVD Player is --> I can enter custom DVI settings via the OSD to programm the internal EDID chip (inside the DVD-Player).

The panel shows a great picture using the following settings:

Resolution_Pioneer_PDP_435_PE.JPG

Kind regards

Tech!Tech!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back