Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pin port in lt spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronv

Most Helpful Member
I tried to import a comparator. I modified an existing op amp symbol for it.
I thought I did it correctly, but I guess not.
Could someone check me out and set me straight?

Attachments

• LMC6762A.asy
    787 bytes · Views: 298
  • LM6142A.sub
    3.3 KB · Views: 290
:confused: LM6142A is an opamp, not a comparator.

Oops, Wrong one. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• LMC6762A.sub
    4.7 KB · Views: 309
I tried, but failed, to get a symbol/model combo that worked. Either LTS complained that there was a pin count mismatch between instance and definition, or the comparator output gave a more or less constant level after I'd added a dummy 'pin 1' to the model to cure the mismatch. Hopefully someone else has the answer?

LTSpice group in Yahoo?

Hi

Try these. I only modified the symbol.
The symbol is a modified opamp2 symbol.

eT

Attachments

• LMC6762A.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 304
Here you go. I think I fixed it. The pin order inside the .sub file didn't match the LTSpice OPAMP2 symbol pin order. I edited the .sub file to match the expected pin order. Use my edited version of the .sub file and connect it to the standard OPAMP2 symbol...

I think it is better to leave the symbol standard, and make the .sub file match the expected pin order...

Attachments

• LMC.asc
    1.1 KB · Views: 332
  • LMC6762A.sub
    4.7 KB · Views: 333
That's more like it. Thanks, Mike.

To save this tripping you up in future, LTspice can generate its own symbol based on the pinout of your model. This overcomes errors associated with models not matching up with port pin assignments. The symbol ain't pretty, but at least it works.

This is detailed in my tutorial below:
http://www.simonbramble.co.uk/lt_spice/ltspice_lt_spice_tutorial_4.htm

(see the bit on Creating a Quick Part Outline for 3rd Party SPICE models)

Simon

Hello guys i am a newbie in LTspice. I tried importing 74HC365 Hex Bus Driver with 3-STATE Outputs, to my schematic. But i am having a challenge with the pin count mismatch. the error reads that "the instance has fewer connection terminals than the definition."
i dont know how to solve this problem as i have matched the pins correctly according to the LIb file. One more thing, the lib file .SUBCircuit section has 14 pins yet the datasheet has 16 pins. I have tried to create both 14 and 16 pins IC but still getting the mismatch error. Does anyone know how to solve this. Thanks

Attachments

• 74HC365.sub
    789 bytes · Views: 204
  • 74HC365.asy
    1.3 KB · Views: 200
Hello All, Does anyone know if i can use this file as an alternative to the 74HC365 IC. I connected the gates making up the IC as guided by the datasheet
Regards
Sam

Attachments

• Alternative to 74HC365.zip
    584 bytes · Views: 194
People are wary of opening zip files. You can upload sub, asc and asy files here.

Okay thanks for the advice i will post them

Attachments

• Alternative to 74HC365.ASC
    1.6 KB · Views: 188
  • 74HC365.sub
    782 bytes · Views: 202
  • 74HC_HCT365.pdf
    781.3 KB · Views: 190
can use this file as an alternative to the 74HC365
From when I used this family of parts:
74HC365 vs 74HCT365 The only difference is the input levels. I am talking about the hardware. I don't know about your spice files.

Hello Rosimpson thanks for the reply. Yes I concur with the fact that they are similar. The problem is that i dont have a working Ltspice model for either ICs.

Hello everyone, could anyone have any of the PF6116LG and NE118E Continuous Current Mode PWM Drivers Spice models? Any help will be much appreciated.
Regards
Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back