Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pin Headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

I cant seem to find a place that sells

2x5 Pin Headers. Everywhere i go its like $1.40 and i know thats way to much. Im looking to get a lot so if i can find some 2 row breakaways i would be happy. Any thoughts or links?

If you want them quick order from Mouser, Newark, or DigiKey.

If you want wait 2 weeks and are willing to take a bit of a risk of not getting them. (My 4 orders have been OK but others have had problems) order from futurlec.com. They are way less expensive but as I said a bit slow and somewhat risky. I order breakaway and the 2x5's like on the Junebug from them.

Breakaway 2x40
HEADD80 80 Pin .100" St. Male Double Headers $0.50 (.45 for 25+)

For making cables you need
DCC10 10 Contact IDC Socket Connector $0.25

Yes and it doesnt matter if it has the housing on it.(Latch) I used to take them off old motherboard (40pin) and break them but no more old MBs around so now have to purchase.

Thanks 3v0 im not even going to consider futurlec because i had so many issues with online companies and 1 bad or slighty bad review is enough for me to say no lol.

I tried looking for it in Mouser but OMG so many things to choose from anyone know a specific model # i even have there 2110 April 08' Catalog and too much to go through.

Last edited:
Futurlec

Recently I got an order from Futurlec in less than 10 days. The previous one took a month. So it may depend on the postal service..... ;)
It included IDC connectors..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back