Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Piezoelectric Transducer Driver Circuit With Adjustable Output Level

Status
Not open for further replies.

romosco

Can any one help with a circuit for a PIEZOELECTRIC TRANSDUCER DRIVER CIRCUIT WITH ADJUSTABLE OUTPUT LEVEL

Thank you
Roger

You forgot to say what the piezo transducer is for. A tweeter in a sound sytem? A high pitched alarm like a smoke detector?

The circuit for the driver depends on the transducer's spec's and on the supply voltage. It should be an audio amplifier if the transducer is a tweeter. Adjust its output level with a volume control at the input of its driver circuit.
The driver circuit should be a square-wave transistor bridge if the transducer is an alarm. Adjust the output level by changing the supply voltage of the driver circuit.

looking for something similar,
up to 30v from 12v power sourse to drive piezo. No need for quality as it for an alarm/security system. Frequency range 15-38khz, only one frequency need at a time but the ability to tune to anywhere in between.

Any takers :)

Can anybody hear an alarm at an ultrasonic frequency except dogs?
Look at the frequency response of an ultrasonic piezo transducer. It is all over the place. Some frequencies where it resonates are extremely loud and many nearby frequencies are quiet.

Use a bridged amplifier to effectively double the operating voltage. Tune it for more than double the supply voltage.

I think he probably means 1.5kHz to 3.8kHz.

What's wrong with a burglar alarm siren from a DIY store?

Can any one help with a circuit for a PIEZOELECTRIC TRANSDUCER DRIVER CIRCUIT WITH ADJUSTABLE OUTPUT LEVEL

Thank you Roger.

Sorry I only uploaded part of my request.
I need to amplifier a clock ticking so that it sounds much louder. the circuit needs to be battery powered. I have made a purchased kit retailed as a (spy bug) using an LM386n-3 IC and a electret microphone as the pickup, the circuit works ok. At maximum volume the sound from the speaker is very low; the power supple is 3x 1.5v batteries. My main supplier is Maplin **broken link removed**
Thank you all Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back