Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pid temperature control

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D:D:D:D
Snap

This is research in google
Whats wrong with google? Loads on PID. You will likely need to read up a bit on it first, PID needs tuning. So without ant information other than water bath, it would be difficult to suggest much. Take a look at Google (it wont bite), see what looks most suitable for application, any problems with the implementation then come back with specific questions.

If you just want something designed for you, then maybe one of the freelance sites might be a better place. Although you normally got to pay them for working for you.

One other pointer, giving people a negative rating because they dont just do your work for you, is pretty bad form for a new member to do. Try the same on another forum, I bet you get the same result.

Mike's link seems to work very well! The second item in the search nails it.

SmartSelectImage_2017-04-26-07-28-58.png

So, you're not lazy but couldn't be bothered to do basic research? Astounding.

Mike.

Sir I am not lazy. But I know only proportional control but I heard about PID control
So I am asking if somebody deal with it before
Ok lets start with some basic information.....

Is this theoretical as in a exercise for school or a real project? If it is a real project...............

How much water and what temperature you aiming at?

Do you have any experience at programming a micro?

If so which micro and language.

Could you use a prebuilt system or do you have to build one?

Little details mean alot. The more info in, the more info out.

Mike's link seems to work very well! The second item in the search nails it.

View attachment 105731
Whats wrong with google? Loads on PID. You will likely need to read up a bit on it first, PID needs tuning. So without ant information other than water bath, it would be difficult to suggest much. Take a look at Google (it wont bite), see what looks most suitable for application, any problems with the implementation then come back with specific questions.

If you just want something designed for you, then maybe one of the freelance sites might be a better place. Although you normally got to pay them for working for you.

One other pointer, giving people a negative rating because they dont just do your work for you, is pretty bad form for a new member to do. Try the same on another forum, I bet you get the same result.
Ok lets start with some basic information.....

Is this theoretical as in a exercise for school or a real project? If it is a real project...............

How much water and what temperature you aiming at?

Do you have any experience at programming a micro?

If so which micro and language.

Could you use a prebuilt system or do you have to build one?

Little details mean alot. The more info in, the more info out.
Well, I am using pic16f877 micro c
Language
My waterbath volume 15litres
My temperature is adjusted by user from 30 to 80c
Suppose temp 37 required
So Image heater on up till sensor read 37c
After that turn heater off and so on

But there is high variation in temperature
Somebody inform me about PID control to decrease variation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so are you saying that the set temp should be 37C, the actual temperature fluctuates between 30C and 80C? Any schematics? What are you using to heat the water? what are you using to read the temperature?

Or are you wanting to set the temp between 30C and 80C? Sounds like some kind of biological equipment. 37-38C and water is a wonderful environment for many pathogens. :D

My guess is the temp sensor is too far away from the heater, or the heater too powerful, or maybe the heater is large enough to act as a heat sink......But I dunno I dont have that much to go. Its a bit like take a guess.

i stress again, the more information you supply the more help we can give.

Or start here https://softwareengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/186124/programming-pid-loops-in-c

And end here
https://www.embeddedheaven.com/?f

Note I used Mikes excellent link to get this.

Keep in mind PID is useless unless you have a reasonable idea of how it works, you normally need to tune it, that requires at least a slight understanding of what PID is and how it works. Otherwise you sill do what I did, spend ages altering values and getting nothing but huge shifts!!. I wasted 4 weeks doing that, when I could have taken a day or so, and simply read a bit on it.

I hope the links I gave give you a decent start point.

Last edited:
Ok so are you saying that the set temp should be 37C, the actual temperature fluctuates between 30C and 80C? Any schematics? What are you using to heat the water? what are you using to read the temperature?

Or are you wanting to set the temp between 30C and 80C? Sounds like some kind of biological equipment. 37-38C and water is a wonderful environment for many pathogens. :D
Good. That is waterbath for medical lab and customer can adjust temp from 30to 80c
I want to make fine tuning for any temperature choosen by customer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back