Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Picture Frame SDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

Hi all,
I'd wish to know whether it's possible to obtain info on Digital Picture Frame.
My idea is to write some SW for these fantastic cheap devices, but I couldn't find any info on the net, neither the technical info nor the links to the factories.

Any help is welcome.

It would be model specific Monkey and you likley won't find schematics anywhere on the net. Basically you'd have to buy one open it up and figure out how to interface to it. It'd be a nice project, but not for the faint of heart.

I'm not looking for HW hacking, I just want to know if I can write my programs for such nice piece of HW.
I guess there's a uC on them, and a basic OS with an API.
If I get a "yes", then I'll try to buy an evaluation board.

I've tried to get some info from a factory in China, but no answers yet.

Without detailed information on the device you're interested in Monkey there's no way to answer your question. You haven't even named a device yet and we can't just pull this information out of thin air.

You are probably right but...

I'd like to create something useful for me, and potentially for other guys as well, I need for that an HW support having a nice display, a Real Time Clock, can show pictures and can run a program.
I can do that on my PC, no problems, but I want something that is also cheap and can be potentially be sold as gadget, being my program the added value.

I can either start and design my own device, this will take years and money and time, or to rely on something that exists.
Now the problem comes, there are a number of vendors that offer digital photo frames, but I cannot get any info on the possible SW support.

I'll probably get no answers, and I'll buy a Netbook for my own purpose, but it's a pity!

The netbook market is I think the only growing portion of the PC market nowdays, you'll see newer neater devices coming out in the next couple years. The ones that exist now aren't too shabby, although I'm holding out for a touch screen tablet style netbook.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back