Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pickit2 Kaput?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Today I started having trouble with my PK2. Neither MPLAB nor PK2 programmer see it. Tried plugging it in whilst holding down the red button - red led flashes but it makes no difference. Tried it all my usb ports to no avail.

When I unplug it, XP keeps flashing up a 'usb device not recognised' message on the sys tray. That stops when I plug pickit2 back in though.

Is it destined for the bin or is there a fix?

Despondantly yours........

Thanks in advance for any help.

I recently had the red flashing light syndrome, think there was a crossed up wire on the breadboard icsp that put it in this state. The PK2 told me I needed to download the OS again, did so, and back in business again. Don't know what you would do if Windows doesn't even establish the USB connection.

Hi,

I managed to get it working although not sure how long it will remain reliable. Just kept plugging / unplugging it and then Pickit2 programmer made connection but said there was no operating system. Started to download operating system but it hung. Disconnected / reconnected and voila! Not sure it even actually downloaded the operating system. Oh well. Now I can at least plug it into the pcb I made yesterday, the first one I've done with mainly smd components. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be working properley either! It's just one thing after another. Think I should take up knitting instead.

Thanks for the help anyway.

pic 006r.jpg

Last edited:
When you have programmer problems test the programmer using a know good target board. Once you have verified that the programmer works try it with the new/suspect target. Most of the time you will find that the target is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back