Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC32 @ 80Mhz... issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

edman222

SOLVED thanks... see below

Hey everyone! I am doing a PIC32 project and need a routine to run very fast, so I need to setup the PIC for 80 Mhz.

I am using a PIC32MX320F128H, I looked in that datasheet to investigate the PLL and how to achieve 80 Mhz. It basically states that if I am using a 8Mhz external crystal, I need to divide that by 2 and multiply it by 20 to get 80 Mhz, which is understandable. So I configured the Config bits for PLL divide by 2 x20 and such.

How do I know its not at 80Mhz? The routine I set up takes 6ms at 80Mhz when using the MPLAB C32 IDE debugger in simulation. When I program a chip to run this on a test board, and time it with an oscilloscope, it takes 32ms. All the routine does is pulse a pin, do a function and pulse the same pin when its done... Easy to single sequence on the scope.

Any ideas??? Thanks!

Last edited:
I am hoping the entire routine finishes in 7ms as was simulated with the debugger @ 80mhz, not 30ms+... if that makes sense.. I know the instructions are not called at 12.5ns, but the debugger takes the entire instructions branching..looping..etc into account and multiples it by the time it takes... and it should be around 6-7 ms

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back