Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC24FJ Seems to refuse to accept config bits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps partially a 'jovial stab' - but mainly because you're continually attacking MicroChip, when the reasons things aren't working is because you're doing them wrong.

Many people have suggested that you use C instead, and that is still by far the best suggestion - the higher end PIC's are specifically designed to be used with C, and most examples and application notes use C rather than assembler. As you're relatively 'new' here, you're perhaps not aware of my long standing 'championing' of PIC assembler?, because assembler forces you to understand the hardware, whereas C tends to hide it from you. However, for the later higher spec devices C is obviously the way to go, and I've been 'forced' to move to C rather than assembler on later devices.

I'm also pretty horrified that you claim this is 'your profession'?, when you seem incapable of getting device settings sorted out - any 'professional coder' (which I'm not) should be able to sort such things out in a few hours.

I don't know what you've done in your long-standing past, but right here, right now, you have not added anything constructive. But thanks for pointing out I did something wrong, I assumed I was perfect, yet another mistake of mine.
I'm sorry that I have actually made some software errors and sorry I presented them here - you probably don't have any experience in that. It's great to have somebody point that out with no solution to offer.

My profession is electronic engineer - sometimes we write software to test digital electronics. An electronic engineer is not a "professional coder", and neither am I. I don't know why you mention professional coder, again it's my own ignorance.
I deeply regret admitting I had a technical problem on here, and by doing that I admit my weakness and showed a lack of strength of character and moral fiber. I am ashamed to admit I was doing something wrong. I won't do that again and rely instead on others to point out the obvious to me.
Sorry I am a pathetic carbon-based life unit. Sometimes we get frustrated and vent, sometimes slightly irrational, unlike superior Vulcan-based or Silicon-based organisms.
I am also sorry I don't meet your time-limit requirements for sorting out technical issues. But at least I learned one thing now,
Both I and Microchip suck*.
* If you are a representative of Microchip, please take up any pending slander and/or libel lawsuits up with my legal team. They are also handling my beefs with Microsoft, Exxon, Sunoco, Ford, and Hardee's restaurants.

I'm not sure how to interpret this. If you were trying to take a jovial stab at me, then "Ha ha ha, you got me!"
But my first reaction was that you are being mean-spirited and insulting, and my reaction was quite negative.

Don't let it bother you. After all, does it surprise you when someone who can't even use simple punctuation correctly is often wrong, and even more often insulting?
I've spent hours trying to figure out configuration problems myself -- following datasheets to the letter -- only to finally figure out that the problem was with my MPLABX setup or program formatting.

I was an 'electronics engineer' , I quickly came to realise with coding ( C or asm ) ...
Sometimes we get frustrated and vent, sometimes slightly irrational,
... is never going to solve any 'bug' patience, reading, asking and checking will...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back