Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18FxxQ43 , XC8 , ( Curiosity Nano )

Status
Not open for further replies.

granddad

Most Helpful Member
Just sharing a bug I found in the MC XC8 2.32. also 2.40 .
Symptoms .. PIC18F57Q43 code complied but with many errors and warnings . check the #include <xc.h> line. [ The PORTE didn't work ]
Fix.. the plib file was missing from the XC8 directory, I took a guess and copied and renamed the lib file into the 2.40 include directory as plib . Code compiles now without the ‘red weed ‘of errors. ( fix is right picture ) .
( I'm running linux.mint 20 . MPLABX 6.0)

fail.jpg
newinc.jpg

so where does xc.h get its device info from , must be the IDE config .. but with my project, xc.h failing to locate the .inc file X still complied...

Yes, it gets the device from the IDE project settings which is then passed to XC8 as a command-line parameter.

As stated, if it compiles then "xc.h" isn't failing to find the .inc file, only the IDE.
The IDE has a different idea of what the search paths are than the ones the compiler uses.
What the IDE thinks doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back