Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18F4550 and 128x64 GLCD Blank w/ Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

secretagent

Hello everyone! I have a GLCD here and for some reason it doesnt work. It doesnt turn any pixels on no matter what I do... Does anyone know whats going on???? :eek:

View attachment 62520
View attachment 62521
View attachment 62522
View attachment 62523

CODE:
Code:
#include <PIC18f4550.h>
#include <delays.h>
#pragma config  PLLDIV = 12, CPUDIV = OSC1_PLL2, USBDIV = 2, FOSC = HS, FCMEN = OFF, IESO = OFF
#pragma config  PWRT = ON,  BOR = OFF, VREGEN = ON, WDT = OFF, PBADEN = OFF,  LPT1OSC = OFF,  MCLRE = OFF
#pragma config  STVREN = OFF,  LVP = OFF, DEBUG = OFF
#define E RB5
#define RS RB4
#define RIGHTLCD RB0
#define LEFTLCD RB1
#define LCDRESET RB2
#define RW RB3

void STROBE()
	{
		E=1;
		Delay10KTCYx(10);
		E=0;
	}

void LCDinit()
	{
		RW=0;
		RS=0;
		E=0;
		LCDRESET=0;
		LCDRESET=1;
		RS=0;
		LEFTLCD=1;
		PORTD=0x3F;
		STROBE();
		LEFTLCD=0;
		RIGHTLCD=1;
		PORTD=0x3F;
		STROBE();
		RIGHTLCD=0;
		LEFTLCD=0;
	}

void PICinit()
	{
		CMCON=0x07;
		ADCON1=0x0F;
		PORTA=0;
		PORTB=0;
		PORTC=0;
		PORTD=0;
		TRISA=0;
		TRISB=0;
		TRISC=0;
		TRISE=0;
		TRISD=0;
	}

void main()
	{
		PICinit();
		LCDinit();
		RS=1;
		PORTD=0x0F;
		LEFTLCD=1;
		STROBE();
		PORTD=0xF0;
		LEFTLCD=1;
		STROBE();
		RS=0;
		LEFTLCD=0;
		while(1);
	}

Things used:
PIC18F4550 //uC
NHD-12864MZ-FSW-GBW-L //GLCD

Pinout of GLCD:(ON RIGHT)

View attachment 62524

Thankyou so much everyone this is a really cool thing and would be so happy if one of you could figure out what im doing wrong here. (The RESET LCD is supposed to be HIGH according to newhaven employeys.... And I did use the example code from the datasheet (https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2012/03/NHD-12864MZ-FSW-GBW-L.pdf) before and still doesnt work... All my connections are good and sturdy no shorts or anything... contrast is hooked right but i think thats whats wrong)

When I read off of the LCD it says display is not on .......

Thanks so much!!!!! :D

Thanks for getting back with the solution - this has bit me on the butt before with LCD modules.

Often people solve the problem and don't report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back