Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic18f252

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikel_tuaz

can anybody help me with my problem?

What is the best compiler, simulator and programming software for this particular
PIC device?

can anybody send me a schematic diagram of a programmer suitable for this microcontroller?

Thanks a lot and gud luck to our endeavors!!!

I highly recommend https://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=5
for a programmer.

I honestly don't believe making programmers is time well spent. These homemade schematics are often not good for all parts or don't work reliably in different configurations. Few work with dsPIC for example or offer ICD (In-Circuit Debugging) which is just a godsend. ICD allows you to stop the hardware and read values in the registers and your variables, even change them manually if you feel the need.

Go to Microchip and get their IDE and MCC18 compiler and simulator. They're all good tools.

oz, thanks a lot for the help..

are there any alternatives or sites wherein i can download softwares which are not limited?

as an enthusiast and as a hobbyist, i would still prefer for a homemade programmer to suit my needs...but i thank u and appreciate the effort...

thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back