Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

different between PIC18F2525 and PIC18LF2525

Status
Not open for further replies.

masoud23

Hello
I wonder what is the different between PIC18F2525 and PIC18LF2525? What “LF” stands for? When do we use LF instead of F?

I can see from the datasheet that PIC18LF2525 have a different voltage, frequency graph. Is it so that PIC18LF2525 can work with lower voltage in frequency range up to 40MHz?

Tanks in advance
Masoud

The normal F 2525 can go much faster... The LF is slower and has a smaller brownout value.. I cant verify this but I have read it somewhere... I pretty sure it was around the 16mhz max speed on the LF range..

In the datasheet the LF can operate from 2 to 5.5v.... But it doesn't mention speed... On the microchip forums topic "pic f vs lf" https://www.microchip.com/forums/m416067-print.aspx.

There doesn't seem to be an answer... "One guy said this the other guy said that" sort of thing..

Trial and error!!

Found it...... Table 19.1 in the datasheet..... only applies to the ADC..... Max frequency is 22.68mhz...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back