Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18F1320 Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterboy550

I'm starting to use micro controllers for the first time and have some questions about how to use my controller. I'm using a PIC18F1320. Here is the Pin Diagram for the PIC. Were are the I/O for this controller and where are the power and ground connections? Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• PinIO..jpg
    PinIO..jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 245
I'm trying to do something that sends and receives information to and from a PC via an RS232 connection. Would I be able to use any of these I/Os or do only some of them qualify? Thanks for the fast response.

Take a look at the datasheet I linked, chapter 10 is clearly marked as I/O Ports and has everything you need to know about PIC I/O on that chip. Think all of them can be used as digital I/O. That chip even has EUSART which might make your serial comms even easier, chapter 16.

I'm trying to do something that sends and receives information to and from a PC via an RS232 connection. Would I be able to use any of these I/Os or do only some of them qualify? Thanks for the fast response.
hi fellow noob.
i am amazed no one has given you the "start with flashing a LED talk", its what most of us noobs are told. and to be honest its good advice, learn to light a led at will on any given pin then learn to flash it, connect a few leds to diff pins and flash in sequence, then learn to make nice patterns with leds ;) once you get that far (dosnt take that long) add a switch and get a led to light when you press it..
all this seems pointless waste of time and energy, well thats what i thought at first but once you learn to flash leds ect then you get a better understanding of the datasheet and I/O operations and tristates of ports (high/low/input). start slowly and build up to rs232 ops, without the basics its a up hill strugle i can verify this from experiance. good luck with the project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back