Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16f877A HOME ALARM SYSTEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzazinho2001

HI
In my project of end of study I need to make a Home Alarm System with sending SMS to my phone using PIC16F877A with ASSEMBLY language.

So i'm stuck on writing source code on assembly.
My Problem 1 : is I dont know how to write a source code for LCD and SIM900 with ASSSEMBLY
LANGUAGE
My problem 2 : is I need to make a password to disable alarm when it activated so i use a keyboard but I
don't know how to interface it and how to write source code with ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE
My Problem 3 : is if there is an instruction to change the phone number and password from the keyboard and
appears in LCD

Please I want your urgent help as I have to postpone the project before 29/04/2019

THANKS

Attachments

• PROJET.rar
    103.2 KB · Views: 285
HI
to tell you I am a beginner in the programming of the pic but the problem is that I searched everywhere but all the projects I find them on C code and not in assembler

The whole Idea is you write your own... Downloading someone else's code and passing it off as your own is plagiarism..

If I write an alarm system, I would expect to be involved for a week + and I've been doing this for years.. Writing the code would take me about an hour... Debugging and ensuring all possibilities will take ages..

In my signature you'll find a link to Nigels Assembler tutorials... Herin you will find keypad, LCD, serial and output routines that you could cobble together very easily... These are tried and tested routines and DO work..

See you when you have inwardly digested them..

Sounds like an impossible task. I took on one said task, but did manage to do it. Project was write an Operating system in C with a instruction set emulator with a virtual card reader for the program input and a virtual line printer. Everyone else had 4-5 people in their group. I had my girlfriend at the time and was working full time. Incidentally, it was my FIRST "C" program.

If that was my first "C" program, you should know what my first FORTRAN program was. A DDC program with 7 PID loops and recipeis on a real-time OS. Two people worked about 8 months on the project. $25,000.00 USD budget for hardware. 1980's.

My first CosMac 1802 program was also impressive. The first routines I wrote was gosub and return. The processor has pass the program counter instead. No compiler. Compiled by hand. program was a gantry crane for a model railroad. 9x4 positions, 27 pieces of cargo.
Did the electronics hardware too. Later did it all over using BASIC.

Although I mainly program in C... A good knowledge in ASM is essential.. When I joined the company way back when.. The system was written in assembly in a book... Translated to binary and hand compiled.. I wrote a program in C to automate the process TurboC from Borland.. Well it wasn't from Borland originally, they came along later... I think I had version 2 from Sun systems.. I upgraded to borland when they bought it..

Point is... The alarm system ( which looks easypeasy ) is a task.. For a first project I would have chosen something simple.. LED chaser etc.. The point of a project is the write up.. Even if you fail, and your documentation explains why, you'll get better marks than a working project and no documentation..

HI
FIRST THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY
After I searched everywhere and got my hands on a project that fits what I want
Then the project is a system of alarm with password which consists of sending an alert message in the event of an intruder who enters the password incorrectly 3 times, with the possibility of changing the password and resetting it in case of forget about the password
So what I want to add to this project is:
1-A mermaid (Sounder) activated when the intruder enters 3 times the wrong password at the same time as sending the alert
2-As we can change the password by clicking on the key (#) I want to change also change the phone number by clicking for example on the key (*)
The actual password is : 000000

PLEASE HELP
THANKS

Attachments

• POST.rar
    76.9 KB · Views: 237
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back