Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic16f84a,pic16f84

Status
Not open for further replies.

queque

Hi all :)

I am so new for pic programming therefor i have a Q:confused:

would a PIC16F84 program work in PIC16F84A without no changing ?

Thancs for all

Of course. But it's better to use the newer and cheaper and better PIC such as PIC16F628A. With the same pin out, more I/O pins and more features.

queque said:
Hi all :)

I am so new for pic programming therefor i have a Q:confused:

would a PIC16F84 program work in PIC16F84A without no changing ?

Thancs for all

If the source code is availbale, it would be trivial to re-assemble it for the PIC16F84A.

Hotter and newer is the 18F family.

18F for beginners

wmmullaney said:
But for a beginner???

You are thinking, most probably, in your own approach to that family and the difficulties you had (or expect to have).

People with no experience would be less worried and probably will have success in shorter time.

scrap the 16F84 you can't even get free samples anymore probably soon they will stop making them but it is frustrating that 99 % of beginer stuff out there is for this pic but its outdated

If you had to pick something close to it, pick a 16F628A or a 16F88. Both of them are newer and much better and cheaper :)

My opinion is: try, if you have just programmed a 16F84 or 88, the pic16F876: it's more powerful why it have got some good peripherals like an A/D converter, timers, buses.

My PIC adventure is started with 876 why it permits to make all you can make with F84 but don't requires external peripherals!

see more projects with an unique 876 or 877(like 876 but with 40pins instead of 28) **broken link removed**!

I agree with NYPD. In PIC16F, 16F88 is the best for 18 pins.
PIC16F88x series are more powerful than 87x.
Internal oscillator, internall MCLR pullup, fail safe mode monitoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back