Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16f628 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

optionblue

pic16f628 is a better pic than 16f84a. I allready knew how to program the 16f84a and i know that the programming of all pic 16/17 family are all quiet the same....
pls help me on how to use the pwm hardware of the 16f628. a website would be better.... :oops:

optionblue said:
pic16f628 is a better pic than 16f84a. I allready knew how to program the 16f84a and i know that the programming of all pic 16/17 family are all quiet the same....
pls help me on how to use the pwm hardware of the 16f628. a website would be better.... :oops:

Have a look at my pic tutorials at http://www.winpicprog.co.uk, I have an example of how to use PWM on a 16F876, the 628 is similar to use, but only has one PWM (the 876 has two).

Nigel Goodwin said:
optionblue said:

Have a look at my pic tutorials at http://www.winpicprog.co.uk, I have an example of how to use PWM on a 16F876, the 628 is similar to use, but only has one PWM (the 876 has two).

Hi! I looked at your site and saw that you had hardware schematics. I was wondering, will that programmer work with a laptop? Also, does it have to have a 12V ac source, can it be 12V dc from a powersupply? Also, does the circuit use the serial port or the parallel? again also, what is the B80C800? is it required if I use a DC power supply?

azari said:
Hi! I looked at your site and saw that you had hardware schematics. I was wondering, will that programmer work with a laptop? Also, does it have to have a 12V ac source, can it be 12V dc from a powersupply? Also, does the circuit use the serial port or the parallel? again also, what is the B80C800? is it required if I use a DC power supply?

The circuit is just that for a P16PRO40 (I added it to my site because people kept asking where they could get it). Laptops do tend to give problems, often the parallel (and serial) ports are non-standard - but there are many people with laptops using it without any problems.

As for the power supply, it gives different ranges for AC or DC operation, 12V DC wouldn't be enough, and the spec calls for at least 16V DC. I ran mine for many years from two 9V batteries in series.

The P16PRO40 is a parallel port programmer, my software only supports parallel port programmers - the common serial port ones tend to be a lot more unreliable, usually relying on the port operating beyond it's specs.

The B80C800 is just a bridge rectifier, if you are using a DC supply you could leave it out and apply DC directly to C3 - but DC will pass through the bridge anyway, and prevents it been connected the wrong way.

usart and pwm in pic16f628

i think the usart and the pwm hardwares are the most difficult part of the pic16f628...... anyone pls explain. :cry: :cry: :cry: ...

Have you tried the 16f628 datasheet from microchip? Also try the microchip midrange reference manual and I believe they have a appnote titled "Using the CCP module". These are available from www.microchip.com

hi, im new to PIC programming, just doing some reasearch ATM,
why do you need special software to program pic's?

and at your website:
http://www.winpicprog.co.uk

you are programming, im assuming you use the rs232/serial board for that?

thanks

supagu said:
hi, im new to PIC programming, just doing some reasearch ATM,
why do you need special software to program pic's?

and at your website:
http://www.winpicprog.co.uk

you are programming, im assuming you use the rs232/serial board for that?

thanks

No, you need a PIC programmer to get the program into the chip - for some PIC's (16F87x etc.) you can load a 'boot loader' which lets you program them via an RS232 link - but you still need a PIC programmer to install the 'boot loader' in the first place.

A new PIC is a totally blank device - just like buying a new hard drive for your computer, you have to do various things to it to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back