Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F628 Oscillator help

Status
Not open for further replies.

azari

Do I need one? How do I make it? Where does it go?

I am the BIGGEST newbie to PIC's, and decided to try to make a circuit with the 16F628. When I looked at the schems for a 16F84, it said 4MHz oscillator required. So, please help if you can.

azari said:
Do I need one? How do I make it? Where does it go?

I am the BIGGEST newbie to PIC's, and decided to try to make a circuit with the 16F628. When I looked at the schems for a 16F84, it said 4MHz oscillator required. So, please help if you can.

The 16F628 has an internal 4MHz oscillator (the 16F84 doesn't), you just need to configure it to use the internal oscillator. My PIC tutorials at http://www.winpicprog.co.uk use the 16F628 for this very reason, it allows 16 I/O pins on an 18 pin chip and makes the circuit simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back