PIC Video Stabilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the US, it's more like the RIAA that are chasing these heinous criminals. Civil lawsuits, not criminal. But it still sucks. Expect to see the MPAA next. let's declare war on our customers... good idea.

LOL like you could even build one by tomorrow.

Hey, I'm looking at the PIC16F877 datasheet, but I can't find the "video in" or "video out" pins? What gives?

Thanks a lot oznog, can't you go picking on someone who knows a little more?
Of course there's no Vin and Vout pins, but there is something called a ADC,
it seems so simple to do, if I could only get some more info. Like an NTSC composite video chart, maybe.

You don't need an ADC, like I mentioned earlier, EPE did a PIC based version a long time back, using an old 16F83 the code is here:

**broken link removed**

Obviously for NTSC you would need to alter the timings.

Yes, but that says you can't use it to copy macrovision tapes, thanks though.

It removes Macrovision protection - it says that you're not supposed to use it to copy tapes, which is illegal - not that you CAN'T use it to copy tapes.

Oh ok, thanks.

EDIT: Wait, I just read it again and it does say cannot

You appear to be missing the point, if they say it can copy Macrovision protected tapes they get legal action taken against them - that's why they call them 'Video Stabilisers' or 'Video Cleaners' instead.

Ok, what is the difference between NTSC and PAL? Is it possible to use 4Mhz instead of 10 because NTSC is 32hz and PAL is 50?

Ok, what is the difference between NTSC and PAL? Is it possible to use 4Mhz instead of 10 because NTSC is 32hz and PAL is 50?

NTSC is 60Hz, and PAL is 50Hz - so possibly changing the 10MHz for a 12MHz might make it work without changing the code?.

The mice liked "How many roads does a man have to walk down" though because it sounded very catchy. But hey, what do mice know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…