Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Video Stabilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was referring to downloading the torrents of the VHS videos rather than the actual copying itself.

I downloaded an episode of a television series here in the UK a couple of months ago. I'm not a big downloader but this was an episode I'd missed.

About a week later I received an email from my ISP warning me that I had been reported for breach of copyright and to cease any illegal downloading.

Ironically it was my first and only download with this ISP.

By Feds - I meant whoever dealt with your legal enforcement wherever you are rather than the US Feds by the way :p

In the US, it's more like the RIAA that are chasing these heinous criminals. Civil lawsuits, not criminal. But it still sucks. Expect to see the MPAA next. let's declare war on our customers... good idea.

LOL like you could even build one by tomorrow.

Hey, I'm looking at the PIC16F877 datasheet, but I can't find the "video in" or "video out" pins? What gives?

Thanks a lot oznog, can't you go picking on someone who knows a little more?
Of course there's no Vin and Vout pins, but there is something called a ADC,
it seems so simple to do, if I could only get some more info. Like an NTSC composite video chart, maybe.

Thanks a lot oznog, can't you go picking on someone who knows a little more?
Of course there's no Vin and Vout pins, but there is something called a ADC,
it seems so simple to do, if I could only get some more info. Like an NTSC composite video chart, maybe.

You don't need an ADC, like I mentioned earlier, EPE did a PIC based version a long time back, using an old 16F83 the code is here:

**broken link removed**

Obviously for NTSC you would need to alter the timings.

It removes Macrovision protection - it says that you're not supposed to use it to copy tapes, which is illegal - not that you CAN'T use it to copy tapes.
Oh ok, thanks.

EDIT: Wait, I just read it again and it does say cannot

Last edited:
NTSC is 60Hz, and PAL is 50Hz - so possibly changing the 10MHz for a 12MHz might make it work without changing the code?.

Ok, thanks. I read somewere it was 32...

Last edited:
It could be 42.

The mice liked "How many roads does a man have to walk down" though because it sounded very catchy. But hey, what do mice know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back