Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC USB temperature controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

samarsingla

Hello
I am trying to build a temperature monitor for a chemical bath using PIC 18f4550 and USB interface. The temperature from a LM35 sensor should be displayed on a window on computer and when a threshold is reached, it should blink an LED connected to PIC.
Could someone suggest a link that could help me doing this? I have a little experience in electronics in general but am new to PIC.
Please help.
Regards
Samar

Do you have a compiler and a PIC programmer and if so what are they ?

Are you familiar with the Microchip USB stack. If not read up on it then look how it is used by the USB bitwacker, link in my signature (not my code).

Have you choosen a probe and is it analog or digital. If analog what voltage range does it produce.

3v0

Thanks for your reply. I am currently playing around with MCC18 and MPlab IDE. I also have visual studio express edition.
I am planning on using LM35 and it gives a voltage range of 0-5 volts.
I will certainly go through the links below.
Thanks.

You will need a programmer I suggest the Junebug or PICkit2. The Junebug is a clone of the PICkit2 and includes a target for experimenting.

If should be possible to use the Bitwacker Code as is to use the 18F's ADC to read the probe and send the info to the PC.

3v0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back