Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic termometor Rs485

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyana

Hello I have a pic project to do for school.
I have to interface a pic micro mcu 16f877 to a dallas temp. sensor and connector 3 of such pic to a pc and read the temperature from each pic by choicing say # 1,2,0r 3
I can do the pic to sensor,but i am lost at the interfce to the pc---rs485
protocol and how to do the addressing of the pic.

I would like to know if anyone could assist me and can give some info on the rs485.
thank a lot.

Are you required to use RS485?? RS232 is much easyer to interface with a pc.

Use a 75176 or similar for rs485

**broken link removed**

or convert TTL from the pic to RS232 that should be running on the pc with a MAX232 or similar.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Maxim

Have a look around on the Maxim site, they should have what you need there. You'll have to probably use two different IC's, one that converts TTL to RS485 then one that converts RS485 into RS232 if your plumbing it into your computer. You will also have to figure out if half duplex will do the job or if you will need full duplex. I've used the 75176 TTL/485 variations for my stuff from time to time and they work pretty slick in half-duplex communication.

Resc.

guyana said:
Hello I have a pic project to do for school.
I have to interface a pic micro mcu 16f877 to a dallas temp. sensor and connector 3 of such pic to a pc and read the temperature from each pic by choicing say # 1,2,0r 3
I can do the pic to sensor,but i am lost at the interfce to the pc---rs485
protocol and how to do the addressing of the pic.

can give some info on the rs485.
thank a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back