Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC question, really need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebanks

Hi, i have an easypic4 board like the one bellow

**broken link removed**

I also have the program mikroelectronika on my computer with some HEX codes. Now all i want to do is write the program onto my PIC which is a 16f84A, So i have loaded up the mikroeletronika and have loaded the HEX codes to the program. Also i have the EASYPIC4 board plugged into the computer and the mikroeletronika program recognizes that the board is plugged in and this is where i dont know what to do next. I can easy test if the PIC managed to get programed as have a small circuit set up. Thank you for you time, i hope you can help as it is my first PIC project and really want it to work.:confused:

Joe

I am not sure what you are asking exactly.
I use easypic5 and same software.
In you example you have loaded the onewire interface program (see bottom of screen) so all you need to do is click 'wrire'. If you have your project open then under project there is an option for build&write - then you have to do nothing.

Hope this helps if not tell me exactly what you are stuck on!

Rupert

Sorry,

Under device you must choose your PIC and then make sure your configuration bits are correctly set for your hardware. It's a lot easier if you start in the compiler, which compiler do you have?

Rupert

hi can you talk me through how to program a PIC if you have msn that would be helpfull or facebook so then its instant chat. The program i am using is 'Mikrobasic for pic' and the programer is the one build into that program called 'mikroelektronikia' Thanks for help so far its very much appreciated

If you are trying to put someone else's HEX file into a PIC you don't run the MikroBasic program.

Try this;

1. Go to windows startmenu->programs->MikroElectronica->PICFLASH
2. PICFLASH opens up
3. set the device (PIC 16F84A or whatever)
4. Click LOAD HEX button
5. Tell it where the HEX file is (HEX file then loads up)
6. Set the CONFIG stuff (oscillator options, watchdog etc etc)
7. Click WRITE button, this programs the PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back