Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC PWM and H-Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
The On-resistance information tells you what gate-source voltage the manufacture uses to characterize the on-resistance. That means you should not normally use less than that if you want the MOSFET to operate as a switch with a low on-resistance.

Both the transistors you listed are characterized at both a Vgs of 4.5V and 10V so you can use either value, depending upon how low you want the on-resistance to be. Thus 6V for your circuit should be fine unless you want the absolute lowest on-resistance.

If you operate the N-MOSFET from a TTL output, which is typically only about 3V, you should add a pull-up resistor (say 1k) from the TTL output to the +5V voltage so that the gate voltage goes to 5V when the transistor is on.

Hi Crutschow,

Thanks very much.

Can you tell me why there is a choice between of switch on voltage of 4.5v-10V? is one or other better? I have changed the resistors to give (negative 9Volts).

Am I correct that, now with the higher pull up voltage for the 'P' mosfet is it best to switch the 'P' Mosfet with PWM, leaving the 'N' mosfet to switch on/off and be used for braking?

Here is the latest schematic version, would you check this please?

As before I am using 'N' IRF7413ZPBF and P IRF7424PBF mosfets, but will this circuit work for all Mosfets?

EDIT: Pots added for testing.

C.

Attachments

• H-Bridge 4 Channel.jpg
    H-Bridge 4 Channel.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back