Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,
Im trying to make a voice activated keyboard. Im trying to send the scan code that a keyboard sends through the ps2 to the CPU by using a microcontroller. can we send the keyboard scan codes using a microcontroller? will the system accept this data? ( when i tried, the system is getting hanged with some beep)
Stuck at that point anyone plz help me...

Yes you can do that and yes a computer will accept the input provided the data is sent in the proper manner. At what point during the boot process or after it are you adding your PIC voice keyboard?

Last edited:
Unfortunately that's accurate. I'm the only maintainer for the site and it's taking me some time to go through everything and get it posted. It's not the only project on my plate so time spent on the site is not what I would prefer. I appreciate people taking an interest, I'm doing what I can.

Maybe I'm being a bit curmudgeonly here, but if "It's not the only project on my plate so time spent on the site is not what I would prefer.", why post the link and take everyone else's time looking up an empty page? It really irritates me when companies put up a home page that has links to "all" of their product or service pages only to find some (many...most) are only labled "Under Construction" or image blocks labled "Coming Soon".

Rant over. Now I'll go get some coffee. ;)

Ken

Last edited:
I apologize for wasting anyone's time, that's not something I want to be doing.

Perhaps that line read wrong, I want to be spending more time on the site, not that I see it as a nuisance. In fact I'm working on it as I type this.

Perhaps I put the cart before the horse in this instance but really I didn't want to drag out the site release and wait for everything to fall into place. I'd rather let things slowly roll out and gain standing based on merit. Gaining page rank, users, pageviews, content all takes time, due to my present circumstances time is not something I can afford to waste.

Proper manner meaning you're sending data in accordance with the PS/2 spec. When you're trying your project out do you have a second keyboard attached? If so PS/2 or USB? Has the computer booted into the OS before you attempt to send scan codes with your microcontroller?

ya this is the thread started by me. And i have all the possibilities using ps2 ( with a second keyboard, with the second, restarting after connecting the pic circuit, sending the data in the required frequency and with required start stop parity etc....................) but i dont understand why the system is not accepting my code. Can anyone confidently say that the system accepts the information given in the keyboard format from a mc through the ps2 port? im about to stop trying in this direction and start with usb. If anyone know such projs plz reply me.....

ya we use a similar link for guidance... neway thanks for ur reply. I will catchg u up tomorrow with the schematic and complete details. right now i dont have those details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back