Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC programming using BASIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a good site.

www.basicmicro.com

The book advertised on the cover also comes
with a free version of thier basic complier. The free version will
only work with the 16F876 and 16F876A PICs, but the book has
great information on "basic language" programming.

You're not looking to use a BASIC Stamp, are you? Usually we try to steer people away from those. That's different than a BASIC compiler though.

I like C compilers myself. I never messed with BASIC compilers, the C stuff is really effective nowadays.

Thanks for the sites!!
But i would like to ask, how come C is better in programming PIC than BASIC? im kinda new in programming PIC so do forgive my ignorance......hehehe.

Mel_noypi said:
Thanks for the sites!!
But i would like to ask, how come C is better in programming PIC than BASIC? im kinda new in programming PIC so do forgive my ignorance......hehehe.

C is 'popular' rather than 'better', so it's popularity has resulted in more optimised compilers.

'Best' is assembler though, it's what the PIC itself uses, and is essential to know (to some extent) even if programming in a high level language. The vast majority of code available is assembler, with relatively little C or BASIC code out there.

This is what I use:
https://www.oshonsoft.com/pic.html

I am by no means an expert but it is straight forward and does everything I ask of it (with a few lines of assembly where required).

The only way to describe my satisfaction with this peice of software would involve multiple repeated profanities and expletive infixation, that wouldnt belong on a family forum.

Having said that, the only way I can describe how helpful Nigel Goodwin is on this forum involves multiple repeated profanities and expletive infixation, that also wouldnt belong on this forum (although I can PM it to you if you like Nigel).

Happy new year
:lol:

Hi, happy new year

I had check out those sites and its been a good use to me. thanks!! do practise would still be the best teacher. thanks agian. javascript:emoticon(':wink:')
Wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back