Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Programming Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadague

Hello,

My name is Casey Dague, and I am currently a senior at Jefferson High School in Cedar Rapids. My partner, Trace Minor and I, are working on a design project for a capstone engineering course, engineering design and development, as part of Project Lead the Way.

We are nearing the end of the school year, and need to develop a circuit using the PIC12F675 chip. This circuit will involve the use of a trigger switch, reset switch, a driver and a speaker. We would like to create a program which, when triggered, will initiate a 2 minute countdown. After this countdown, the circuit would begin to give off a tone through the speaker at 2 second intervals at about 1.7kHz. Additionally, we would like to have a reset switch which will stop the time delay/turn off oscillator.

This seems simple, but we have virtually no prior knowledge of microcontrollers. We have the PIC Chip and MPLAB loaded, but we don't have much understanding of the workings of the program.

We need to complete this within the next couple of weeks, so your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Hello,

My name is Casey Dague, and I am currently a senior at Jefferson High School in Cedar Rapids. My partner, Trace Minor and I, are working on a design project for a capstone engineering course, engineering design and development, as part of Project Lead the Way.

We are nearing the end of the school year, and need to develop a circuit using the PIC12F675 chip. This circuit will involve the use of a trigger switch, reset switch, a driver and a speaker. We would like to create a program which, when triggered, will initiate a 2 minute countdown. After this countdown, the circuit would begin to give off a tone through the speaker at 2 second intervals at about 1.7kHz. Additionally, we would like to have a reset switch which will stop the time delay/turn off oscillator.

This seems simple, but we have virtually no prior knowledge of microcontrollers. We have the PIC Chip and MPLAB loaded, but we don't have much understanding of the workings of the program.

We need to complete this within the next couple of weeks, so your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

hi,
Look at the link to Nigels tutorials, near my signature on this post.

Is there a particular programming language you need to use for your project or compiler? If not, are there any programming languages you are more comfortable with than others?

We really don't have any specific language needed. I am familiar with AMTEL's WinCUPL but this is not compatible with PIC is it? Are there any PIC compatable programs similar to WinCUPL?

not familiar with WinCUPL, looking at it I don't know what it is even. I would also recommend Nigel's tutorials as ericgibbs did earlier, it uses assembly which is a good starting point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back