Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC plus-5110 LCD-GPS-BMP280-HMC5983

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Here's the latest with corrections MARKED ??????????? ###############
Gives readings between 102952 to 61

EDIT: Should line: 'If index > 9 Then index = 0' also be 10?
EDITEDIT: I tried it and it looks like it's trying, but it could be my imagination.

C
The sum and average should be singles.
The index is not necessarily 0, when the loadbfr is filled first time.

Hi C,
After you have compiled the code, use the Show Ram Usage, post image of what is shows.
E

Hi,
Here's the latest with corrections MARKED ??????????? ###############
Gives readings between 102952 to 61

EDIT: Should line: 'If index > 9 Then index = 0' also be 10?
EDITEDIT: I tried it and it looks like it's trying, but it could be my imagination.

C
In the readings, is 61 the last two numbers or the whole value ??

In the readings, is 61 the last two numbers or the whole value ??
Hi J,
102952 to 102961.
I've tried changing the 'control bits' since it started to work a while back, and things haven't really changed much, this is why E, has written an 'average CALC' to get round it.
C.

Hi C,
After you have compiled the code, use the Show Ram Usage, post image of what is shows.
E
Hi E,
I looked for 'ram usage' and couldn't find it, then after investigation, I found my version of Oshonsoft it too old, so must update it.
I was surprised that an 'average calc' was needed, and as mentioned, wondered if it could the the 'burst READ' causing the problem, it turns out it was incorrect programming, but thanks for your CALC, and sorry to have wasted your time. See next post.
C.

Last edited:
You have SPIsend 0x7A, should be SPIsend 0x75
Hi J,
Well spotted! Everything's changed.
I now get up to 25x the same READing before the decimal point, only changing slowly.
Here the latest: 102608.XX to 102610.XX with time.
Average Downstairs: 102627
Upstairs : 102583 -
=44
So 2-3 for every step.

E, I tried it with and without the AVERAGE CALC and it was the same.

It takes a few seconds to settle between changes, but I can fiddle with the 'control settings' later.

The TEMP is approx 0.25° high

Here is the program:

Thanks to all,
C.

Attachments

• 18LF4520 PCB TEMP PRES CALC 050218 1500.bas
    8.6 KB · Views: 189
Hi E,
I looked for 'ram usage' and couldn't find it, then after investigation, I found my version of Oshonsoft it too old, so must update it.
I was surprised that an 'average calc' was needed, and as mentioned, wondered if it could the the 'burst READ' causing the problem, it turns out it was incorrect programming, but thanks for your CALC, and sorry to have wasted your time. See next post.
C.
Ram usage is in Basic / options menu.

Is your upstairs at the height of 3.7 meters? :)
Hi J,
2.85Mtrs, but I wasn't very scientific with my results. I'll try again later.
C

Attachments

• RAM.jpg
    RAM.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 199
Hi,
I notice that when taking measurements up/downstairs, the actual background air pressure is changing, also draughts make a difference.
Today I took measurements, and allowed them to stabilise, which with the last program settings, takes approx 1/2 minute. Once I tried up then down the difference is more like 35.xx less upstairs. The TEMP changed 1°.
Does this make my stairs the correct height?;)
C.

Last edited:
Morning C,
If this is for the remote R/C plane, I don't think you will get the performance you are expecting for the Altitude data.;)
E

The long time to stabilize, depends on standby setting in config register bits 7, 6 ,5 and long delay between measurements + the oversampling settings.
I think you have now 500ms standby setting + delay in the program.

The long time to stabilize, depends on standby setting in config register bits 7, 6 ,5 and long delay between measurements + the oversampling settings.
I think you have now 500ms standby setting + delay in the program.
Hi J,
I tried 125ms, but it was the similar.
I think I have to change the LOOP time, as I have delays while there is a LED flash.
C

Hi,
I get artifacts on the 5110, how do I get rid of them please?
I've tried 'call clear' but this flickers the screen.
C

Attachments

• 5110.jpg
    5110.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 200
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back