Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC output signal not a nice square wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisBennet

Hi everyone,
When I examine the output from the output pins of my 12F675 I don't see a classic square wave. Instead, the Hi to Low transition overshoots i.e. it should have stopped at 0 volts but it continues on and goes negative. It looks this way if the pin is just connected to the oscilloscope or if it also driving a LED.
Is this normal or just a result of using a 60Mhz o-scope and looking too closely?

**broken link removed**
Zoomed in view:
**broken link removed**
thanks in advance,
Chris

P.S. I'm new ot the list, please let me know if posting images like this is causing anyone hardship. I'm thinking of some poor soul using dial up from some remote wilderness.

i experienced same like that before. disconnect anything that is connected on that port, then check it on oscilloscope. or try using different probe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back