PIC microcontroller vs Pir sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonel

There are any way to interface a PIR sensor (with 3.3mVpp responsivity) with a PIC? I don't want to use any opamp...

leonel said:
There are any way to interface a PIR sensor (with 3.3mVpp responsivity) with a PIC? I don't want to use any opamp...

What happened to the rest of the PIR?, you NEED the fresnel lens assembly and the electronics (which include opamps). Without these I see no way to use it?.

I know how to do with opamp, comparator, ... but my circuit is supplied by 4bateries of 1.5V, and with opamps bateries discharge quickly!
I know there are micropower opamps, but they are expensive...
My goal is to detect human presence with a PIR sensor. Or there are another way? What you suggest? Receiver vs emmiter but - they need +-20mA ??
I need help...

If you're worried about battery life, would it be possible to only turn on the opamp when you need to readout a sample? Just wire the opamp power supply to an IO line, and turn on the opamp only when you need it. If each sample takes a few microseconds to settle, and you need a 100Hz sample rate, you can decrease the current drawn by the opamp by a factor of 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…