Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC microcontroller vs Pir sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonel

There are any way to interface a PIR sensor (with 3.3mVpp responsivity) with a PIC? I don't want to use any opamp...

leonel said:
There are any way to interface a PIR sensor (with 3.3mVpp responsivity) with a PIC? I don't want to use any opamp...

What happened to the rest of the PIR?, you NEED the fresnel lens assembly and the electronics (which include opamps). Without these I see no way to use it?.

I know how to do with opamp, comparator, ... but my circuit is supplied by 4bateries of 1.5V, and with opamps bateries discharge quickly!
I know there are micropower opamps, but they are expensive...
My goal is to detect human presence with a PIR sensor. Or there are another way? What you suggest? Receiver vs emmiter but - they need +-20mA ??
I need help...

If you're worried about battery life, would it be possible to only turn on the opamp when you need to readout a sample? Just wire the opamp power supply to an IO line, and turn on the opamp only when you need it. If each sample takes a few microseconds to settle, and you need a 100Hz sample rate, you can decrease the current drawn by the opamp by a factor of 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back