Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC micro 18F2321 sending data to Excel - PLX-DAQ v2.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
JimB

About five years ago for a an analog PID project of mine I tried to graph values in real time but the sole approach I could achieve was via Bluetooth to my tablet where an app in RFOBASIC was showing the graph. Unreliable with too many steps to be practical.

Thanks to this thread I got interested again in Excel graphing real time data from a micro.

After downloading from the Arduino forum, the modified Excel worksheet PLX_DAQ v 2.11, based on the .doc file with the instructions for their platform, I had to guess what was the proper EOL marker for each line. Using LF (line feed) or CR (carriage return) alone, did not work. Recalling previous experience with serial communications I tried the sequences, LF CR and later CR LF. This last is the right one.

It took me some time to learn that even the last command or piece of data in the line has to be followed by a comma as well. The very last of a line is always LF alone.

With the usual mistakes in way, 73yo and a pandemic seclusion since March, I could not avoid confusing in the instruction MOVLW, a literal with the name of a register. Such is life. Half of a day spent there.

Thanks JimB for helping to clear the initial fog.

20200625_180211.jpg

Last edited:
De nada, mucho gusto.
Hasta luego.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back