Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

brent4669

Hi All

I have a question about a 12V Dc Motor project I am undertaking at school. I am using a PIC 16F84A and all I need to do is change the output frequency from the chip to 2kHz to the motor. I have looked in Microchip and searched the forum but I must be looking in the wrong places. Just need a little push in the right direction.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi

Thanks for the quick reply, I have assembled the code for the PWM, I am using the 16f84a because our teacher wants us to learn how to program it ie pwm, serial to parallel etc. If I adjust the duty cycle will that help me with my problem ???

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply, I have assembled the code for the PWM, I am using the 16f84a because our teacher wants us to learn how to program it ie pwm, serial to parallel etc. If I adjust the duty cycle will that help me with my problem ???

Adjusting the duty cycle doesnt change the pwm frequency...

Microchip's app note on soft pwm...
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/08/00654a.pdf

Imagine you have a pwm frequency of 2khz, and a duty cycle of 10% on and 90% off....10 % of the power is applied to the load....now increase the duty cycle to 90% on and 10 % off....90% power is now applied to the motor so it runs faster....the frequency has remained the same....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back