Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tafie

I am doing my final year college project and am doing web based monitoring and control. In the setup, there is a PC web server accessible via intranet. THis web server connects serially (RS232) to a microcontroller (Microchip PIC16F874). The PIC micro controls a relay to switch on an ac circuit. I need somekind of SAFE feedback to report if current is flowing in the ac circuit after energising the relay. The micro sinks up to 25mA at 5V DC. I am considering connecting a transformer to couple the high current ac from the stepped down voltage but am not sure how to do it if at all possible. Any help is appreciated and any other suggestions and modifications to my idea are very much welcome.

You could also use a current transformer for that. Something like this could be easily adapted to trigger your PIC. Or this which is even easier, but a little more expensive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back