Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic compiling/programming questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I/p is a p-dip and a I/sp is to they both can be used in a breadboard
Package PT = TQFP (Thin Quad Flatpack)
SO = SOIC
SP = Skinny Plastic DIP
P = PDIP
L = PLCC

Last edited:
breadboardguy Did you get your programmer made. I found a smiple one you may want to look at it works real good if you you have a older computer that runs windows 98 the kind of programmers you been looking at seem to work better on that then windows Xp or 2000
**broken link removed** Make sure you get a 16f77 I/p in that

Last edited:
it works real good if you you have a older computer that runs windows 98

I dont have window 98

And i want to use the 16f76, wich as more then 18 pins...

I will simply configure winpic800 to a simple paralell port(because it uses 5 volts) programmer that i will design.

Last edited:
I tried it. and it works. I made a jdm , RCD, pickit2 clone and was getting ready to make a P16pro. And I tried ic-prog which has worked the best wind800 not that good and one more
not even going to waste time with it. But on newer computer they don't work as good. so I used my old dell it had windows 98 on it. I can really see why pickit2 and ICD shine on new hardware.

Bought pickit2, 5 16f628a and 2 18f2525...they will be there the 8.
(from Newark)

Cant wait to get them!

Congratulations and a good choice. What made you decide to buy rather than build? I think for the time being you will find the 18F2525 to be massive overkill, but being 18Fs you will be able to use Swordfish Basic, which many on the forum praise.

What made you decide to buy rather than build?

Money my friend! My grandfather got a thing in his blood vessel that blocked the blood flow to get to his brain(i dont know how its named). Luckily, her wife reacted very fast and got him to the hospital. At the very first he was not able to talk but now we can understand what he says. He was so afraid of death that he ended up some famillial troubles and send me $$$ .

I always wanted pickit2, but was not having enough money... sorry i did'nt knew that that was going to happen, i would not had wasted your time.

I think for the time being you will find the 18F2525 to be massive overkill
I choosed it because it was overkill. i took the one with the biggest memory(in the thousands).I dont think i will use it so soon. I cant wait the package to come!I will finally make my rc car(after a lot of work).

(i recognise that i ask too much questions, my father says so too)

I always wanted pickit2, but was not having enough money... sorry i did'nt knew that that was going to happen, i would not had wasted your time.

I don't think it was a waste of time. Hopefully you learned something that will be of use in the future.

I would have ordered an 18F2550 so that I could program it with PICkit2 firmware. That way in the future you can build a clone to have as a backup. The total cost is for such a clone is only about $10 as I've explained before. There are cases where the PICkit2 firmware can get corrupted and the unit must be reprogrammed using another programmer. I feel more secure having backup programmers.

WOAW!

It already is here! Only 40 hours omg!

So happy!

(They overexagerate for packaging, not very eco-friendly)

Its like christmas!

Last edited:
Good luck with your Pick'n You'll like the pickit2 good programmer. And some good chips
to work with. You did make sure you got P-dips I hope the first pic i got was pic32 after
my pickit2 it's so small you can't see the pins to count them. Learning to code a pic is a
good thing to do I love it keeps me from going crazy.
What's the cost of shipping for UK to Canada. You can get some good deals from there but shipping is to much to the US

Last edited:
Pic programming is so much fun!

I think that pickit2 is a better choice if you have budget, because they are the creators of these, so they know better then anybody and upgrade the software.

Do i have to config the wdt and etc... at each program or the macro can do it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back